Google App Engine

I just took a look at Google app engine. I wrote a quick dirt CRUD application to see what it's all about. It can be found at http://findmysport.appspot.com/. What amazes me is that it is python based...

I wonder why google uses python so extensively. I've used it for a number of things and find it very useful, but it just doesn't seem to have the momentum in corporate america of the "big J". On the other hand, it has tremendous street cred and is embedded in tons of open source tools.

I found an interesting writeup here: Python at Google (Greg Stein - SDForum) it looks like google architects from the ground up and the guys on the ground said "python works for us".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Push versus pull deployment models

the myth of asynchronous JDBC

Installing virtualbox guest additions on Centos 7 minimal image